Thursday, February 7, 2013

My coconut milk test kitchen



My kitchen is fast becoming a coconut milk test kitchen.  Most of the dishes I've been trying involve coconut milk.

I made coconut milk coffee creamer using this recipe from Fast Paleo.  I added a teaspoon of coconut oil and 5 dates instead of 3-4.  I like it.  My guy doesn't like spicy coffee drinks (a.k.a pumpkin spice latte) so although I wanted to try adding some canned pumpkin and spices to the mix, I didn't.  But to my own cup I added a teaspoon of honey and a dash of nutmeg.  Next batch I'll make with the canned pumpkin.

This recipe qualifies as Whole30 if you don't add honey to your cup like I did.  But if you're a Paleo disciple then add the honey and enjoy!

I love it that your average cup of good, black coffee become a nutrient-dense, superfood dish when you use this "creamer" too.  I love real food!  It tastes good and it is good.

 



 
Last night I made this chicken bacon alfredo from PaleOMG.   I used leftover chicken patties I had made using a modified version of this recipe and butternut squash instead of delicata squash (I couldn't find any at Sprouts).  It turned out delish! 

No comments:

Post a Comment