Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Whole {Paleo} Salted Dark Chocolate Pudding

So I saw a recipe awhile back for a chocolate pudding made with cocoa, honey and avocado.  They say necessity is the mother of invention.  Well this month the hormonal necessity to eat chocolate gave birth to a tasty 29-days-into-my-Whole30-challenge chocolate pudding recipe.  I didn't have any ripe avocados on hand so I decided to use just bananas.  What I got was scrumptiousness!  I'm not a photographer so the pics aren't too great.  The pudding looks a little lumpy because I didn't let it blend long enough.  I was so anxious to get sweet, salty chocolate in my mouth I couldn't stand it!  Next time I make it I'll let it blend till smooth and then take some better pics :)






Recipe:

1/4 cup cream from canned coconut milk (do not include the water)
1/3 cup Hershey's Special dark cocoa powder
2 ripe bananas
1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. sea salt

Place all ingredients in a food processor.  Blend until smooth, approx 2 minutes.  The consistency was slightly thinner than regular pudding, but after spending 30 minutes in the fridge it was perfect! Either way it hit the I-need-chocolate-now mark! 


Enjoy!

Sheila


No comments:

Post a Comment