Sunday, June 10, 2012

My husband's favorite salad: Asian Beef Cabbage Salad








I was all excited about posting my first (and most husband-requested recipe) but then realized I don't have a picture of my salad (I usually take a pic of the meals that are a hit). So I posted it here without a pic of the real thing, but promise to add a picture soon (because I'm sure I'll be making it soon).

I figured my first recipe would be most loyal cooking fan's favorite. I usually make some pre-made meals for my husband and my work lunches on the Sunday of a new week. This one was thought up at my husband's request for something light with cabbage.

 Asian Beef Cabbage Salad with Peanut Dressing Ingredients: 

- 1 lb. flank or sirloin steak grilled to desire
- 1/2 head green cabbage finely chopped
- 1/2 head purple cabbage finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1 cup mandarin oranges in juice (drained)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds

Dressing: My dressing measurements are to taste, not by measuring cups and spoons. So please adjust to your taste.

 - 1 c. seasoned rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1/4 c. light soy sauce
- 2/3 c. olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 t. sesame oil
- 2 T. honey
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter

Whisk oil into vinegar slowly until incorporated. Whisk in sesame oil and honey. Whisk in peanut butter. Set aside. Thinly sliced grilled flank or sirloin steak and set aside in fridge to cool. In large salad bowl put green cabbage, purple cabbage, red bell pepper, cilantro, green onions, mandarin oranges and chopped almonds. Mix. Add dressing. Mix well. Top with steak. Stores for four days in fridge for a delicious, real lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment